With almost 6,000 fishing days, along with thousands of multiple sea winter salmon including his 20 remarkable fish exceeding 40 pounds, Mikael Frödin is without doubt one of the most experienced salmon anglers on the planet.
The ‘Frödin Master Classes’ will include a sharing of thoughts and techniques as well as discussions that will not only increase the depth of your salmon fishing knowledge and understanding but hopefully will make your experiences more educated, effective and above all… more productive!
This will be a unique short cut to the art of catching big salmon on the fly.
Mikael will join the fisherman on the river with personalized coaching backed up by a lifetime of experience. The focus will be on strategy and techniques, which will help you to read the water, master the drift of your fly and unlock the secrets of hooking and landing BIG salmon. Each morning, lunch and dinner guests will receive an informative talk backed up by a multi-media presentation on the different aspects of salmon fishing including:
• Equipment: Rods, lines, balanced shooting heads, leaders, looping lines and safe knots.
• Casting: Modern style of under and overhand casting. Less effort, longer distance and more control.
• Fishing Strategy: The important questions - where, when, why and how?
• Fishing Techniques: Speed and depth, how and when? Controlling your fly to create the perfect swing!
• Flies: What is a great fly? Fly selection, when and why? How important is design, color, shape and size? When do I fish which fly and why?
• Fly Tying: Tying the modern tube fly; materials, techniques and simple tricks to the perfect fly.
• Why do I lose the big ones: tips and tricks on how to hook, play, land and release the biggest salmon.
Mikael Frödin will 2016 in cooperation with Mörrums Kronolaxfiske – Sveaskog and Fiskejournalen be hosting three “Master Class” sessions on the Mörrum, three days 4-6 March, three days 6-8 May and three days 29-31 August. Please send for more info and make you’re booking to email@example.com